Floor coverings in modern design are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is accepted by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant selection of textures and colours, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and fit with any style https://1popechi.ru/ of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, so it’s frequently used as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat doesn’t wear off and does not lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The substance is impermeable to water, so it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the machine »warm floor », as they consist of clay, which at elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not poor to flooring made of natural stone or wood.
However perfect this substance is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate may comprise:
- The large cost. The product, which may last over a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first version of the coat is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a durable and beautiful finishing substance.
The 2 kinds of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.